The Senior Software Engineer is a .NET Core expert who will help to build our next generation of products and services while working closely with other talented engineers. The ideal candidate will be versatile and highly motivated with a strong sense of commitment and teamwork. A background in financial systems is a plus, as is development experience in an iterative, Agile/SCRUM environment.
- As part of an agile team, build and enhance financial business application software for the entertainment industry.
- Work closely with QA, business analysts and customers to design and implement new feature requests
- Follow best practices related to coding, testing and building software using .NET Core and big data technologies in a cloud base continuous integration environment.
- As part of a team, implement large, complex enterprise software systems from the ground up
- Recommend new technologies, tools and standards to improve efficiency and productivity within the team
- Research, test, and implement new technologies to support the application architecture.
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- 5+ years hands-on .NET and .NET Core (C#, Asp.net core, Rest, Web API) development
- 5+ years using SQL and relational databases (SQL Server, or Oracle, Postgres a plus)
- 5+ years experience with data modeling, large-scale batch, and real-time data processing, ETL design, implementation and maintenance.
- 3+ years of strong experience in massively data streaming, parallel processing & columnar databases.
- Hands on cloud base development experience (Microsoft Azure, AWS)
- Experience in troubleshooting and debugging is essential.
- Solid experience building large, multi-tenant web based and/or client server applications
- Solid experience designing and building RESTful APIs
- Working knowledge of Agile/SCRUM development methodologies and best practices
- Experience using Redis is a plus
- Experience using Elastic Search is a plus
- Financial systems experience (accounting, payroll, etc.) a plus
- BSCS or equivalent required, advanced degree a plus
- Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.