The Associate Go-to-Market Manager is responsible for executing promotional and communications programs to drive awareness through conversion for key ZEISS Vision initiatives. He or she will also take direction and assist in the planning of such programs. The Associate Go-to-Market Manager will support the North America marketing strategy as a passionate advocate of the customer, and a champion for our products and brand.
Program Management: Execute programs and/or promotions to enable ZEISS to meet/exceed sales and profitability objectives.
- Execute defined projects and assist planning of key programs and/or promotions that are aligned with the overall marketing plan.
- Complete all relevant documentation and get approvals from key decision makers. Documentation includes, but is not limited to: the program briefs, creative briefs, messaging documents, sell-in/training presentations and customer-facing collateral and marketing materials.
- Determine promotional details including structure, length, timing and legal approvals.
- Support the Sales Organization in the preparation of program and promotional training materials, including format, content and delivery.
- Oversee market promotions to targeted customer segments, utilizing appropriate online and offline vehicles.
- Act as an informed team member providing analysis of information and project direction input, working closely with Sales Organization and Marketing teams to implement the promotional plans with key customers and consumer segments.
- Act as an informed team member providing analysis of information and project direction input, working closely with Product Managers and other members of the Go-To-Market team to help interpret market factors, and support actions towards growth of the channel.
- Manage customer and consumer testimonial acquisition and develop strategy to effectively deploy in-market.
- Brief agencies on promotional needs and provide direction on promotional agency plans.
- Develop and deliver trainings on the program.
- Create and execute technical specification(s) for promotion mechanics.
- Research and troubleshoot any escalated customer/channel inquiries.
Key Partner Liaison
- Partner with key strategic partners and agencies to ensure that key ZEISS products, programs and communications are included on partner site and sales organizations.
- Manage calendar, contracts and deliverables as agreed to per contract.
- Develop, manage and implement online programs for customers. Responsible for defining requirements, needed resources, content and communications.
- Ensure timely and complete submission of project requests with the Creative Services group.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or other related; MBA not required but a strong plus.
- 2-3 years of marketing experience required.
- 1-2 yrs. experience in optical or similar medical/technical product category preferred.
- Experience managing projects with small teams.
- Inquisitive nature with a people-centric, passionate approach to effective communication, and energized by connecting people and building community.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including proofreading/editing, content writing and research capabilities.
- Good business acumen combined with a fluency in technology and media as well as topical news and culture.
- Outgoing personality able to quickly develop relationships at all levels of an organization and across functions.
- Good listener capable of quickly grasping what is being requested and able to see things through with minimal supervision. Organized with good attention to detail.
- Responds positively to direction, while also taking initiative and being self-motivated.
- Willingness to travel up to 20%.