Well-established small leading manufacturer of high reliability tools committed to continuous improvement is seeking a dynamic National Account Executive who can maintain and grow customers in the Midwest United States. A successful candidate will be one who enjoys talking and educating individuals about technical tools and has the ability to listen and assist the customer requiring interconnect assembly and repair tooling. This is not a hard sell job but one built on relationships and mutual understanding. The goal is to help the customer determine their needs through current tooling availability along with recommending and guiding new product development through projects with the home office. The person who is going to succeed is one who is very technical and detailed in nature, has patience and the will to learn our products with on-going support from related departments, peers, and managers. This is a great opportunity for the individual who likes to solve problems and enjoys interacting with customers in their setting.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILTIES:
1) Effectively build and cultivate productive relationships with customer accounts in order to establish customer loyalty and business success.
2) Coordinate with internal departments to insure the needs of the customers are communicated and taken care of in an efficient manner.
3) Clearly present ideas and convey information/concepts to individuals and groups of people of varying educational, cultural and experience levels.
4) Actively seek out and report back to home office any changes in territory, new business opportunities and any changing business trends for the industry.
5) Exemplify consistent adherence and support of Company policies and procedures.
1) Working knowledge of connectors, connector assembly, interconnect systems and related tooling. 3 – 5 years within the connector industry a plus.
2) Manual dexterity and familiarity with manual and power assist tooling is essential to properly introduce and demonstrate the new products.
3) Ability to listen attentively to learn and understand customers’ real needs
4) Proven track record of building and maintaining strategic relationships with customers to market and sell products.
5) Ability to work independently with a high level of initiative.
6) Must have reliable transportation, a valid driver’s license, a clean driving record and the ability to travel (50% driving/ 50% flying) to visit our customers.
7) Must own a credit card with a $6,000.00 limit and be able to manage travel expenses and expense reports.
8) Approachable and able to interact with others in a warm, friendly and supportive manner to create a climate of trust and mutual respect.
9) Strong verbal and written communication skills.
10) Analytical skills to identify and qualify business opportunities during visits to customers’ facilities.
11) Ability to fully invest in the job and exhibit a high level of commitment to meet established objectives.
12) Ability to maintain firm adherence to values and principles in the face of significant pressure to compromise.
13) Proficient in Microsoft office suite.
14) Bachelor’s degree in related field and/or equivalent business experience.