At Actian we believe data should be used as a competitive advantage. Through the deployment of remarkable data technology, underpinned by a relentless and trusted service commitment, we help business critical systems transact and integrate at their very best. The company is headquartered in Silicon Valley and has offices worldwide.
We are looking for an experienced Data Scientist to help define and build predictive analytic model using Vector and Dataflow.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Configures and maintains personal computers, personal devices and software applications for all users in the UK.
- Manages the desktop/laptop build processes in the UK.
- Troubleshoots, maintains, installs, and configures Windows/Linux servers.
- Supports Active Directory and related services, such as AD, DNS, DHCP, and Radius.
- Supports the VMware environment.
- Reviews backups on an ongoing basis.
- Supports Office 365, Skype for Business, antivirus and desktop products.
- Identifies, researches, isolates and resolves technical problems.
- Provides technical expertise in understanding and evaluating new technologies.
- Creates and maintains documentation.
- Provides assistance to peers throughout the organization
- Works with teams throughout the organization
Education and/or Experience:
- Applicable industry certifications. (Windows/VMware/Cisco)
- Minimum of 5 years system administration and/or desk-side services experience required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong knowledge of computer applications, systems, and peripheral equipment.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail, and ability to work independently, and as a part of a team on multiple projects.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks and adjust priorities within deadlines.