The Maintenance Tech is an advanced level position. Under minimal supervision where operations and sequences are specified by written and verbal instructions and established practices, the Maintenance Tech will perform some routine repairs, corrective and preventative maintenance on optical Rx Lens manufacturing machinery and support facility/equipment. Employ professional methods and advanced knowledge of electrical and mechanical systems. Work both independent and with engineering guidance on tasks including, but not limited to troubleshooting, modifying, repairing, overhauling, rebuilding, and dismantling control systems and various manufacturing and process equipment.
- Preventative machine maintenance.
- Machine repair and general troubleshooting including root-cause identification and action plan implementation.
- Dismantles, adjusts, repairs, and assembles manufacturing and related equipment.
- Performs routine emergency procedures which may include fire, entry alarm, catastrophe, and chemical compliance.
- Helps completes projects of a defined scope on manufacturing and facility related equipment.
- Performs tests and monitors equipment using prescribed test procedures and diagnostic equipment.
- Prepares and maintains appropriate and required documentation on maintenance logs and other tasks performed.
- Maintains logs and records.
- Modifies and/or installs new equipment for the facility and production.
- Insures that equipment is safe and in proper working order.
- Complies with all NEC & OSHA safety regulations.
- Operates and maintains plant support equipment.
- Effective pass down to take place daily on Excel pass down log.
- Additional tasks as needed.
- HS Diploma or equivalent
- 1-5 years related experience
- Must be able to sit or stand for prolonged periods of time
- Be able perform repetitive movements with upper and lower extremities
- Requires ability to sustain lengthy periods of visual concentration and good hand/eye/foot coordination
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, multi-task production environment.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
- Advanced mechanical & electrical skills
- Basic Know-how in automation technology / PLC (preferred Siemens TIA Portal)
- Experience with actuating elements & sensors
- Interests in electro-technics, mechanics and optics
- Experience in project management
- MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Basic IT understanding/know-how (especially MES)
- Basic Experience with automated material flow systems (conveyor systems)
- Basic Experience with robot Systems
We are an EEO/AA/Veterans/Disabled employer.