Actian is looking for an experienced Systems Support Administrator for our Egham Office to provide support to Actian’s European technology infrastructure. This position will work effectively with business units, Development Operations, and the Network Operations team to develop and maintain global architecture and infrastructure.
This is an interesting technical role with a wide range of activities working mostly autonomously for a technology company.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Configures and maintains personal computers, personal devices and software applications for all users in the UK.
- Manages the desktop/laptop build processes in the UK.
- Troubleshoots, maintains, installs, and configures Windows/Linux servers.
- Supports Active Directory and related services, such as AD, DNS, DHCP, and Radius.
- Supports the VMware environment.
- Reviews backups on an ongoing basis.
- Supports Office 365, Skype for Business, antivirus and desktop products.
- Identifies, researches, isolates and resolves technical problems.
- Provides technical expertise in understanding and evaluating new technologies.
- Creates and maintains documentation.
- Provides assistance to peers throughout the organization
- Works with teams throughout the organization
Education and/or Experience:
- Applicable industry certifications. (Windows/VMware/Cisco)
- Minimum of 5 years system administration and/or desk-side services experience required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong knowledge of computer applications, systems, and peripheral equipment.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail, and ability to work independently, and as a part of a team on multiple projects.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks and adjust priorities within deadlines.