The Mission of a Brand Experience Partner is to significantly increase the effectiveness and consistency of the overall brand experience for ZEISS. Within the ZEISS Group the BXP’s purpose is therefore to guide and support SBUs and SSCs to achieve significant and sustainable improvements of ZEISS customers‘ brand experience. These improvements should occur in both customer impact (i.e. increase in customers’ preference for ZEISS and their motivation to interact with ZEISS) and consistency (a coherent and brand conformant presentation of everyone and everything from ZEISS, as defined by the ZEISS Brand Identity and derived brand guidelines).
The BXP will act as strong interface in two ways: he/she will be a strategic brand advisor to the SBU Head of Marketing/MarCom and other SBU or ZEISS Group management staff and therefore participate in SBU Marketing/ MarCom planning to ensure proper representation of ZEISS Group’s brand strategy and brand objectives; but also act as the interface between SBU Management and Corporate Brand and Communication (CBC) to ensure seamless alignment between ZEISS Brand Strategy and SBU Marketing/MarCom Strategy and activities which drive customer brand experience. Based on experiences gained from close collaboration with SBU Marketing/MarCom staff as well as the other BXPs he/she provides input for the evolution of the ZEISS Brand Strategy, Guidelines, Tools and Service offerings
• Actively work on SBU flagship activities (e.g. important trade shows, MarCom campaigns, product launches) and participate in planning as well as realization
• Deploy CBC resources and competencies (e.g. MarCom Services, Trade Show Services, Creative Lab, Brand Measurement, Brand Training and Education) to create a more impactful and consistent brand experience for ZEISS customers
• Develop and apply tools/approaches/methodologies for Brand Strategy implementation at SBU/SSC level.
• Lead special projects in the area of brand management with cross- functional and cross- SBU team members to further develop/build competencies at CBC and SBU level
• Participate in market insights generation and brand performance tracking
• Participate in the development in brand training and education materials
• Deliver brand training to various constituencies
• Monitor internal and external best practices in the field of brand strategy, brand
management and brand implementation and apply learnings
• Participate in various group wide projects to represent Brand Management
• University degree, MBA or similar qualification
• At least 6 successful years of job experience in marketing or sales for a top global
brand, or equivalent brand strategy and marketing consulting with a leading
• Experiences in digital and global brand experience design
• Familiarity with standard marketing tools and terminology including segmentation,
brand portfolio strategy, purchase funnels, brand architecture, value proposition,
brand positioning, customer journey, customer touchpoints, quantitative and
qualitative market research, etc.
• Ability to convince and inspire individuals across functions, businesses, hierarchy
levels and regions
• Experiences with managing external suppliers of marketing services such as
agencies, research companies, designers, etc.
• Broad international business experience
• Fluent knowledge of written and spoken English, including international marketing
• Good team player
• Preferably initial experience in or interfaces with the high-tech industry