SERVICE DESK TECHNICIAN
Reports to: IT Operations Manager
Functional Group/Dept: IT
Under general supervision, performs a variety of computer systems administration, operations and support tasks on a high performing Information Technology Operations and Service Desk team providing a single point of contact for end users and technical staff with the expectation of end-to-end ownership (e.g.- logging, tracking, problem analysis, research, resolution and reporting) for all Service Incidents and Service Requests. Activities include analyzing, constructing, documenting, testing, maintaining, trouble-shooting and supporting of PC hardware, operating systems, software applications, peripherals, and communication de-vices for the entire organization. Requires good organizational and communications skills with the ability to work with users diplomatically and skillfully.
- Service Request and Incident Management: Accountable to gather appropriate information to properly troubleshoot throughout the lifecycle of the ticket ensuring service levels agreements are met (response, resolution, customer satisfaction).
- User System Profile/Account Support:Responsible to manage, support and Coordinate End-User account administration, activation, changes and terminations.
- Remote Device and Software Management:Responsible to manage, maintain and troubleshoot devices and software remotely over the Network to minimize the need to dispatch technical personnel for Incident Resolution.
- Operational Processes: Responsible to perform continuous system monitoring and operational processes to ensure the integrity and availability of all business-critical services by reviewing system and application logs, performing system health/functional checks, and accountable to complete backup processes.
- Change Management: Responsible to monitor and communicate the progress of high risk planned changes and identify non-planned (e.g.- not submitted changes).
- Communication:Responsible to quickly communicate/escalate all Severity 1 and 2 incidents to support team and management and provide a clear picture of all ticket and task status during shift turnover, daily team huddles and ticket journal entries. Provide monthly status report depicting operational and support efforts. Responsible to follow Operations Communication processes and facilitate collaboration efforts for support teams via hosted meetings, training sessions and shared documentation.
- Continual Service Improvement: Provides a stable Service Desk environment and effectively and efficiently performs procedures to ensure IT Services meet Service-Level Requirements. Responsible to meet Incident and Request service level agreements (e.g. First Contact Resolution, Response time, resolution time, process adherence, etc.) and continuous self-improvement (e.g. – Learning new skill-sets, new processes, etc.).
- Knowledge and Documentation Management:Responsible to improve the customer’s efficiency and effectively by utilizing knowledge databases and best practices in the areas of customer reporting, logging, tracking, resolving of IT Incidents and Service Requests. Responsible to develop and maintain Operations knowledge base documentation (process, procedures and quick entry’s). Responsible to ensure Information Technology and Customer records are accurate (e.g., Asset Inventory, Customer profile information, etc.).
- Ability to work in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Position requires regular and predictable attendance.
- Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job.
- Daily Service Request and Incident Ticket Audits (Detailed operational process)
- Monthly status report
- Bi-annual Disaster Recovery Testing (1 weekend night, 1 time per year)
- Equipment Commissioning/De-commissioning (Servers, Routers, Switches)
- Datacenter Storage and Inventory Cleanup
QUALIFICATIONS AND KSA’S FOR EMPLOYMENT
- Basic knowledge in Microsoft applications and environments
- Basic knowledge in Windows Server
- Basic Knowledge in Windows Active Directory
- Basic knowledge in TCP/IP and non-TCP/IP protocols
- Basic knowledge with MLPP and MPLS protocols for WAN
- Basic knowledge in PRI and telecommunications
- Basic knowledge with Firewalls, authentication systems and applying cryptography
- Basic knowledge with installation and maintenance of network cabling
- Basic knowledge Cisco routers
- Ability to network/distribute computing concepts and client/server programming
- Ability to perform hardware and software installations
- Ability to troubleshoot and problem solve
- Abilityto follow standard Incident, Problem and Change Management processes defined by ITIL
- Ability to pick up new technology quickly and easily with minimal guidance
- High school diploma and additional technical training/certificates. A minimum of 2 years of technical support experience.