Lab Tech II is an intermediate level position. Under minimal supervision where operations and sequences are specified by written and verbal instructions and established practices, the Lab Tech II will perform routine and semi-routine production duties associated with the lens manufacturing processes.
- Performs routine and semi-routine production duties associated with various aspects of lens production paying close attention to quality, quantity and efficiency. Refer to the Job Matrix for further departmental specifics.
- Qualifies and inspect product to ensure compliance with CZV specifications and standards.
- Comply with all safety regulations as well as maintain a clean and safe work environment.
- Maintain appropriate written and/or computer documentation.
- Generally assigned certain tasks within a specified department but has knowledge to perform majority of the tasks within a specified department.
- May receive cross training in other departments.
- Additional tasks as needed.
- Participate in meetings to enhance departmental communication and efficiency.
- May be assigned to different workstations or product lines as production needs require.
- May train peers.
- HS Diploma or equivalent
- 2-3 years related experience
Reliable, honest, dependable and be able to follow directions either written or verbal
- Customer Service Mindset
- Must be able to sit or stand for prolonged periods of time
- Be able perform repetitive movements with upper and lower extremities.
- Must be able to regularly lift 10 pounds.
- Must be able to exert up to 20 PSI with hands
- Requires ability to sustain lengthy periods of visual concentration and good hand/eye/foot
Ability to work in a fast-paced, multi-task production environment. Have the ability to focus for long periods of time
Have an eye for attention to detail and symmetry
Have solid dexterity and mechanical skills
Patience to fully see the task through is a must
Ability to communicate with other associates in a clear, concise manner
General office/computer experience
With more than 27,000 employees, ZEISS is one of the global leaders in the optical and optoelectronic industries and has been contributing to technological progress for 170 years. ZEISS develops and distributes lithography optics, measuring technology, microscopes, medical technology, eyeglass lenses, camera and cine lenses, binoculars and planetarium technology.
We are an EEO/AA/Veterans/Disabled employer.