JOB PURPOSE: Maintenance Tech I is an entry level position. Under close supervision where operations and sequences are specified by written and verbal instructions and established practices, the Maintenance Tech I will perform some routine repairs, corrective and preventative maintenance on optical Rx Lens manufacturing machinery and support facility/equipment.
Preventative machine maintenance.
Machine repair and general troubleshooting equipment issues.
Dismantles, adjusts, repairs, and assembles manufacturing and related equipment.
- Performs routine emergency procedures which may include fire, entry alarm, catastrophe, and chemical compliance.
- Helps completes projects of a defined scope on manufacturing and facility related equipment.
- Performs tests and monitors equipment using prescribed test procedures and diagnostic equipment.
- Prepares and maintains appropriate and required documentation on tasks performed.
- Maintains logs and records.
- Modifies and/or installs new equipment for the facility and production.
- Insures that equipment is safe and in proper working order.
- Complies with all NEC & OSHA safety regulations.
- Operates and maintains plant support equipment.
- Effective documentation of work on maintenance logs.
- Effective pass down to take place daily on Excel pass down log.
- Additional tasks as needed.
- HS Diploma or equivalent
- 0-2 years related experience
- Must be able to sit or stand for prolonged periods of time
- Be able perform repetitive movements with upper and lower extremities.
- Requires ability to sustain lengthy periods of visual concentration and good hand/eye/foot coordination.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, multi-task production environment.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds
May have exposure to noise and flammable solvents. Must wear applicable protective safety equipment. Some overtime may be required. Arm-hand steadiness. Manual Dexterity. Control Precision. Finger Dexterity. Multi-limb Coordination
Works on assignments that are moderately difficult, requires judgment in resolving issues and/or making recommendations.
May be assigned to one or more of the following machines: Taping Machine, Blocker, Generator, Finer & Polisher, Wash line, Backside Coating Machine, AR Coating Machine, Lensometer, Finish Blocker, Edger, Hand Etchers, Groover, Drill, Hand Tools, and other machines as determined by management.