Information Security Analyst
Actian | http://www.actian.com/
12365 Riata Trace Pkwy B, Austin, TX 78727
At Actian we believe data should be used as a competitive advantage. Through the deployment of remarkable data technology, underpinned by a relentless and trusted service commitment, we help business critical systems transact and integrate at their very best. The company is headquartered in Silicon Valley and has offices worldwide. We are looking for an IT Security Analyst to manage Actian’s information technology security systems and maintain the Company’s security controls.
- Designs and manages the security of Actian’s technical environment.
- Monitors the technical environment for security incidents and takes appropriate action when they occur.
- Designs and performs penetration testing of the technical environment.
- Manages the investigation and resolution of security incidents, problems and service requests.
- Works with Product teams to ensure security is designed into products.
- Designs and implements security controls and processes designed to meet ISO 27001 security audit standards.
- Designs and implements controls and processes to meet SSAE 16 SOC 2 audit requirements.
- Requires a minimum of 5 years related systems analysis experience.
- Requires an Associate’s degree (Bachelor’s preferred) in Management Information System, Computer Science, or a related field.
- Certification as an Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) or Information Security Manager (CISM) is highly preferred.
- Requires knowledge of computer network and application technologies and security environments.
- Requires knowledge of Microsoft Office, Windows client software, and various network/server systems and languages.
- Requires skill in the use of SaaS management/production programs, preferably in an Azure or Amazon AWS environment.
- Requires skill in the use of databases, spreadsheet applications, and report writers.
- Requires strong analytical skills and the ability to apply technical knowledge for system security purposes.
- Requires good oral and written communication skills to work effectively with others inside and outside departmental boundaries.
- Requires the ability to troubleshoot systems problems and test systems changes.
- Knowledge of security standards and frameworks (e.g., HIPAA, PCI, NIST, TrustE, Privacy Shield etc.).