Director, Product Marketing – Integration Software Solutions
Actian | www.actian.com
2300 Geng Rd, Palo Alto, CA 94303
The Director of Product Marketing – Integration Software Solutions will play an integral role in leading Actian to achieve its mission of powering the digital enterprise through an industry leading portfolio of innovative data and application integration software solutions to connect, manage & analyze Hybrid Data on-premise & in the cloud. The ideal candidate should have in-depth enterprise software experience in product marketing, demand creation & market positioning. Knowledge of data integration iPasS, data management, data analytics, cloud computing, API-based software development, software-as-a-service applications & IoT market segments strongly desired.
With an industry leading portfolio of data management, analytics and integration offerings including Actian DataConnect data and application integration premise and cloud integration solutions, Actian Vector, the industry’s fastest columnar, in-memory analytics database, and Actian Zen embedded database and IoT software solutions Actian is posed to drive the next shift in hybrid data computing both on-premise and in the cloud. The rapidly growing company is headquartered in Palo Alto, California and has offices worldwide.
- Own Actian’s Data and Application Integration Solution GTM strategy, positioning and execution on a global basis with direct product marketing ownership of the industry leading Actian DataConnect integration software family of premise and cloud solutions. Drive market segmentation, opportunity identification, product positioning and demand generation strategies. Identify target segments/use cases, industry trends and champion critical market research.
- Develop and implement go-to-market plan for the Actian DataConnect product line, working with all relevant functions to execute. Champion product positioning, strategic technology and channel partner engagement, developer engagement, validate market messaging, and evangelize your product offerings both internally and externally.
- Develop and maintain an in-depth understanding of the Data Analytics, Management and Integration software market space, products and service offerings, including overall value proposition, features, functionality, competitive landscape, routes-to-market and future product direction.
- Create compelling product and solution-related content including unique value propositions and use cases including IoT, features / benefits and competitive differentiation for collateral, white papers, sales tools, web, social, lead generation programs, etc.
- Work closely with senior management and the Office of the CTO with all things related to driving industry traction, developer engagement and product success.
- Develop tools and training to support the full sales cycle. This includes product demonstrations, sales training and technical content, as well as delivering competitive intelligence to the field and marketing organizations.
- Deliver key messages that enable our marketing execution team and PR agencies to execute relevant digital and event-based campaigns and programs.
- Help drive out-of-the box grassroots developer engagement including events, marketing and technical conference initiatives as well as account-based marketing initiatives. Analyze and report on success and effectiveness of marketing efforts and developer outreach
- Collaborate on plans and build support content for state of the art digital and field-based demand generation programs that result in pipeline for the sales organization.
- Highly motivated, high impact, energetic self-starter, passionate about Big Data software who can thrive in a high performance, results-driven, start-up like environment.
- 5+ years of experience in Product Marketing or Product Management in the high-technology industry, preferably in an enterprise-oriented software company. Ideally bringing to market embedded data management and analytics technology and solutions. Self-starter who can thrive in a fast-paced start-up-like environment is a plus.
- Stellar marketer and quick learner with a proven track record in product marketing with the enterprise software and software-as-a-service industry segment and/or marketing and selling enterprise class-solutions to technical audience.
- A background in either enterprise data management, embedded computing, data analytics, IoT cloud, Open Source, mobile and/or business applications software marketing is preferred.
- Possess a high level of personal drive, passion, energy and strong desire to compete and win with a proven analytical, communication, organizational, presentation and leadership skill set.
- Results Driven – Rigorously holding oneself and others accountable for achieving high levels of individual and organizational performance
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills, including preparation and delivery of presentations. Familiarity with state of the art digital engagement and GTM approaches important. Must be able to write and edit at an expert level.
- Technical competence – ability to translate complex technical concepts into simple, clear and compelling language.
- Demonstrated skills in managing multiple projects, coordinating across multiple disciplines and teams, delivering successfully to challenging deadlines, adapting with flexibility and a positive attitude to changing requirements and executing with quality and creativity.
- A team player with strong interpersonal and team skills and the ability to interact with customers, partners, press, analysts and foster cross-functional teamwork among sales, marketing, and product teams.
- Bachelor's degree is required. MBA a plus.