ZEISS is an internationally leading technology enterprise operating in the optics and optoelectronics industries. The ZEISS Group develops and distributes semiconductor manufacturing equipment, measuring technology, microscopes, medical technology, eyeglass lenses, camera and cine lenses, binoculars and planetarium technology. With its solutions, the company constantly advances the world of optics and helps shape technological progress.
As one of the world's leading manufacturers of eyeglass lenses, ZEISS stands for maximum visual comfort. The movie and camera lenses, planetariums, binoculars and spotting scopes from ZEISS offer their users outstanding optical quality.
Customer Service is the primary customer interface for any day to day business operations with our customers and the customer’s partner for getting things done within the Zeiss organization.
Customer Service Agent handles a broad variety of pre-sales, sales and/or post-sales technical service functions for our customers in a timely, consistent and professional manner. The CS Agent is the customer’s ambassador and is responsible and accountable for any commitments of our company towards the customer.
- Responds, investigates and resolves any inbound customer requests and inquiries
- Provides consultative assistance to our valued customers
- Uses several systems for status updates on all network orders
- Provides technical assistance and support for incoming queries and issues
- Recommends appropriate product
- Place outbound calls to accounts to resolve items on unclean orders
- Manages difficult customer situations in a calm and professional manner
- Proactively contacts customers to follow up on customer requests
- Manually enter orders into the system
- Applies discounts and credits on warranty claims
- Provides pricing on individual and multiple orders
- Notifies customers on any deviations from delivery or further commitments ahead of time
- Builds customer interest in new products (lenses, coatings) and services
- Provides information, and modifications to insurance claim order
- Assists with product conversions
- Provides assistance to sales, marketing and finance
- Assist internal stakeholders with inquiries related to accounts, products, services and status of orders
- Documents contacts, actions and responses in the provided tools
- Actively gathers feedback and drives continuous improvement of services and processes
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Strong customer focus and customer service attitude
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills for professional interactions with customers and stakeholders from other VIS departments.
- Strong ability to work in a fast paced environment and under certain time pressure, high flexibility and adaptability to changing priorities, considerable judgment and initiative to resolve any problems, make robust recommendations and / or escalate to the appropriate management level
- Strong problem solving, teamwork, and time management skills
- 3 to 5 years of either technical customer service experience and / or optical experience
- Willingness and ability to catch up on customer service and / or optical skills & knowledge (depending on individual background and experience)
- Solid computer and Microsoft Office skills, in particular Excel and Word
With more than 25,000 employees, ZEISS is one of the global leaders in the optical and optoelectronic industries and has been contributing to technological progress for 170 years. ZEISS develops and distributes lithography optics, measuring technology, microscopes, medical technology, eyeglass lenses, camera and cine lenses, binoculars and planetarium technology.