The Java Application Developer is part of the global shop-floor development group and responsible for technical design, development, testing, implementation and support of the Rx Lab management system PCS, as well as other internal developed applications.
This function is the 2nd / 3rd level application support for the Rx shop-floor system and collaborates with the application users to improve current processes, develop solution proposal to fulfill the changing business needs and programming of new functionality.
Training and support of key-users is part of the role to assure a strong knowledgeable user community.
- Analyze business requirements, formulate solutions and alternatives. Coordinate requirements with the global shop-floor development team.
- Development and programming of functionality, reports and solution according to the agreed specification.
- Implement the solution through the development life cycle, assure sufficient testing documentation.
- Maintain and monitor developed applications and databases.
- 2nd / 3rd level system support to troubleshoot and coordinate with the LMS technical support.
- Training of key-user in new system functionality
- A university degree in Information Systems, industrial engineering, computer science or a comparable degree
- Minimum 2 years’ experience with Java / Java script applications
- Experience with SQL Servers, SQL queries, preferred Microsoft SQL 2014/2016
- Experience with Java Server Faces (JSF) is a plus
- Experience in Eclipse development environment is a plus.
- Experience in client/server applications with applications servers preferred Wildfly or JBoss
- Experience with shop-floor systems and connecting applications to machine interfaces (Serial RS232, TCP connection) is a plus
- Experience of working in a team based on SCRUM technics
- Experience with JIRA project tracking software is a plus
- Ability to work in an international team developing in different time zones.
- Ability to execute assigned tasks with a high degree of independence based on verbal or written requirements
- Proven ability to write and maintain system documentation and user instructions
- Strong problem solving, cross-functional analysis and forward thinking abilities
- Flexibility to adapt to changing situations, handle multiple tasks, and meet tight deadlines
General office equipment used including: PC and related software, telephone, copier, and fax