Software Development Engineer
Actian | www.actian.com
12365 Riata Trace Pkwy B, Austin, TX 78727
At Actian we believe data should be used as a competitive advantage. Through the deployment of remarkable data technology, underpinned by a relentless and trusted service commitment, we help business critical systems transact and integrate at their very best. The company is headquartered in Silicon Valley and has offices worldwide.
The Software Development Engineer will be a part of a fast-paced engineering team responsible for the implementation of platform services in our data integration portfolio.
You will work collaboratively with a cross-functional agile team to design platform APIs and microservices for new or enhanced features and implementing those features iteratively. You will utilize development best practices and contribute to build and test automation as well as final deployment to ensure delivery of a high-quality offering. We are looking for motivated team players ready to improve their craft and learn new skills building modern apps in the cloud and beyond.
A strong academic background is key to success with solid coding foundation, a strong desire to learn new and better ways to write software, and good communication skills.
- Solve complex data problems using distributed micro-service architectures deployed in hybrid environments
- Leverage, promote and maintain high standards in design patterns and reuse in our code base
- Effectively perform requirements analysis, design, implementation, and validation as part of overall development process.
- Effectively evaluate and troubleshoot complex product issues to identify root cause(s) and resolve without detrimental side effects.
- Accredited university degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent experience
- 1-3 years’ experience writing service-oriented Java applications
- 1-3 years’ experience working in cloud or containerized environments
- Understanding of RESTful API construction, management, and use
- Understanding of API security best practices
- Understanding of design patterns, abstraction layers, and code quality
- Understanding of quality engineering and testing practices, e.g. TDD
- Understanding of continuous integration and delivery patterns
This position isn't eligible for relocation assistance. The company doesn't sponsor applicants for work visas.