We're Welch's. You may know us for the great tasting juice and jelly you had as a kid, but we're so much more. We're a co-operative, owned by farmers and this is at the heart of what we do. We constantly strive for innovative and collaborative ways to approach our work and our customers. We value passion: passion for our grapes, our brand and our people. We're honest and real with a shared purpose. And we're building a team that's playing to win and daring to try new things.
We're looking for a Sales Planning Manager to join our team! In this role, you'll work with our field sales team and marketing partners to identify profitable volume opportunities at retail for your assigned brands and bring them to life. Is this job for you?!
What You'll Do:
- Using a retail and consumer-facing 'lens', act as the liaison between field sales and internal departments to drive profitable volume for Welch's for your assigned platforms (brands).
- Develop the annual brand plans with marketing partners, gaining alignment on category objectives and strategies internally and externally.
- Be the internal sales expert for assigned platforms as part of critical internal processes such as the monthly S&OP, product/package launches, etc., successfully representing sales requirements.
- Work with the Trade Productivity Team to guarantee base pricing and promotional strategies drive positive results on behalf of both Welch's and retailer partners. Collaborate to develop alternate solutions if not. Safeguard channel price architecture and ensure effective price gaps exist.
- Help prepare for, and attend, retailer calls in support of sell-in opportunities with field teams.
- Aggressively seek out and identify ideas to drive the business at retail; work w/brand partners to develop consumer-facing, executable retail programs.
- Work w/insights team to identify best options for success.
Who You Are:
- A self-motivated, driven, passionate individual with a desire to win at retail
- Demonstrated ability to develop strategy and drive execution
- Ability to generate innovative approaches and new or improved solutions to business issues
- Exceptional sales presentation and development skills
- Strong analytical skills with proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint
- Possess solid interpersonal skills, particularly in building credibility and collaborative relationships among internal and external departments, and with retail partners.
- Knowledge and understanding of trade investment performance dynamics
- Knowledge of, and experience with, major retail channels
- The ability to objectively balance cross-functional requirements and demands
- Excellent organization and time management skills.
- Must be comfortable presenting in front of large groups of people (100+)
- Experience with business development / attending sales calls.
- A team player with a can-do attitude
What You'll Need:
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum 3-5 years of related experience in CPG.
- Demonstrated success conducting category management, trade management, and general analytics is a must!
- Excel, PowerPoint, and either Nielsen or IRI skills are required.
- Some travel required (less than 20%)
What You'll Enjoy:
- Collaborative colleagues working together to deliver results.
- Flexible work schedules including Summer and Winter Hours
- Robust health benefits, and paid time off programs
- Generous 401k plan with annual company match
- Discounts on Welch's products
Welch's is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Protected Veteran