Who we are:
Welch's is the most iconic grape juice and jelly brand in the world and is owned by a co-op of nearly 1,000 family farmers who own vineyards in Pennsylvania, Michigan, New York, Ohio, Washington state, and Ontario. As 100% of our profits go to our farmers, our mission is to allow our farmer/owners to pass on a thriving farm to their sons and daughters.
The Sales (Trade Productivity) Analyst supports effective and efficient trade investment by collaborating with our sales and marketing teams as part of the commercial planning and execution process. The role will provide analytical support to drive growth through productive trade investment. The Sales (Trade Productivity) Analyst will improve our performance, visibility and analytical discipline around pricing and promotion by working closely with our sales, marketing, and finance teams.
What you'll do:
- Work with assigned members of the Sales Team to enter, maintain, and close promotional events.
- Review promotions to understand profitability and make recommendations to improve return on investments.
- Be first point of contact for Accounts Receivable to handle open deductions and missing contracts
- Assess new item slotting payouts as well as incremental promotional events using Welch's SIRF and TIRF process.
- Populate, track and monitor trade initiatives as part of monthly processes, including but not limited to new item authorizations and slotting exposure and base pricing compliance
- Analyze customer sales and trade information to standardize and improve understanding of trade across the organization
- Develop customized presentations leveraging trade insights to improve customer implementation and execution and ensure compliance to Welch's guidelines
- Work with the sales team to build fiscal year volume and trade plans.
- Review customer and channel funding allocation and ensure the authorized funding is reconciled on a monthly basis
- Train cross functional team members on trade promotion tools, processes and analytics
- Work with IT department to document data sources and processes to allow for automated and advanced analytics
Who you are:
- Exceptional analytical/assessment and problem solving skills
- Strong computer literacy and demonstrated working knowledge of Microsoft Office (especially Excel).
- Strong technical skills utilizing multiple internal/external data sources (syndicated and customer level data)
- Knowledge of Trade Promotion Management software tools
- Strong listening and interpersonal skills
- Good understanding of consumer products customers and channels (grocery/club/value/drug)
- Demonstrated ability to work well as part of a team but also has the ability to work independently (if/when required).
- High work capacity, dependable, results oriented with a strong sense of urgency
What you'll need:
- Bachelor's degree required in Business, Finance or a related field
- Minimum 2-3 years of related experience in CPG, preferably with work history consisting of analytics, business development, category management and/or finance experience
- Some travel required (less than 10%)
Welch's is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Disability/Protected Veteran