Culinology R&D Intern
Welch's is the most iconic grape juice and jelly brand in the world and is owned by a co-op of nearly 1,000 family farmers who own vineyards in Pennsylvania, Michigan, New York, Ohio, Washington state, and Ontario. As 100% of our profits go to our farmers, our mission is to allow our farmer/owners to pass on a thriving farm to their sons and daughters.
Welch's is undergoing a transformation to reinvent, re-energize the brand and become a faster moving and more entrepreneurial company. We have a mission to start acting like a small challenger brand and company to compete in an extremely fragmented and innovation driven beverage category. Most people don't know that we're a co-op and not owned by Coke or Pepsi, nor do they know that the Concord grape is a super fruit with the same kinds of benefits as other fruits like pomegranate. Come help us create some new stuff with our amazing grapes!
Who You Are:
- A budding Chef, Culinologist or Food Scientist with an enthusiasm for building excitement around the inherent beauty of agriculture based ingredients
- An inspired thinker who can come up with creative recipes and/or product ideas
- Someone who wants a cool summer job that can help their resume, support the degree in culinary or food science you’re working on, but doesn’t involve nights or weekends in a restaurant
What You'll Do:
- Create new and unique uses of our grape ingredients to feed our innovation pipeline
- Spend most of your time at the lab benchtop or culinary test kitchen, but also work collaboratively with commercial colleagues in insights and marketing
- Lead your own projects with help and guidance of the Manger of Culinary Innovation and Product Development
What You'll Need:
- Progress on a degree related to culinary or food science
- A passion for creating food from heirloom agriculture and family farmers
- Creativity - ability to create and be a builder of great ideas
- High energy/go getter/executor – we’ll be working fast and want lots of ideas
What You'll Enjoy:
- A Family farmer owned company dictates our culture – we’re real people, we work hard and are passionate about what we do. We also know that summer is awesome so we close our office at 12:30 on Fridays.
- Our location in Concord, MA is accessible from the commuter rail (7-10 minute walk) and we have a business casual attire (including jeans!)
- Because we're a co-op, there is no 'corporate office' or layers of bureaucracy to get through to get stuff done.
We look forward to your application - don't be afraid to be creative!