We're Welch's. You may know us for the great tasting juice and jelly you had as a kid, but we're so much more. We're a co-operative, owned by farmers and this is at the heart of what we do. We constantly strive for innovative and collaborative ways to approach our work and our customers. We value passion: passion for our grapes, our brand and our people. We're honest and real with a shared purpose. And we're building a team that's playing to win and daring to try new things.
We're looking for an experienced food safety and quality assurance professional to ensure our products are safe, meet specifications, and are processed in sanitary environments.
What You'll Do:
- Conduct audits of food processing and storage facilities to assess compliance to company and regulatory standards. Deliver clearly written audit reports that establish action plans.
- Proactively lead qualification, problem resolution, and continuous improvement for manufacturing partners, new processes, and new raw materials/suppliers from the food safety and quality perspective.
- Develop and implement food safety & quality assurance policies and procedures necessary to assure product safety, quality and regulatory standards are met.
- Develop and foster interactions with R&D scientists and manufacturing partners to provide guidance on food safety and quality principles to assure appropriately designed processes and product.
- Provide technical support for food safety and quality training at manufacturing sites as well as the development of technical training (e.g. HACCP/FSMA, Microbiological, Allergen Control, Sanitation, and SQF) as required.
Who You Are:
- An experienced project leader who can effectively work and influence in a manufacturing plant environment
- A proactive collaborator who plans and conducts foods safety & quality audits, communicates findings and leads improvements cross functionally
- A solution-oriented business partner who can use their comprehensive understanding of plant operations (in food or pharmaceuticals) to work independently as the voice of food safety and quality to evaluate the full work process
- Someone with technical curiosity and the ability to translate insights into action
What You'll Need:
- 5 - 10 years combined experience in Corporate Food Safety or Quality Assurance, Plant Quality Assurance, and Plant Operations with demonstrated expertise managing food safety and quality initiatives in branded food products industry
- B.S. required and preferred in Food Science, Engineering, Chemistry or Microbiology
- Working knowledge of HACCP, FSMA, statistical process control, GMPs, CIP, sanitary design, and total quality management principles or techniques
- Ability to travel 25% to 30% travel (project based, mostly domestic)
What You'll Enjoy:
- Collaborative colleagues working together to deliver results.
- Flexible work schedules including Summer and Winter Hours
- Robust health benefits, and paid time off programs
- Generous 401k plan with annual company match
- Discounts on Welch's products
Welch's is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Protected Veteran