We’re Welch’s. You may know us for the great tasting juice and jelly you had as a kid, but we’re so much more. We’re a co-operative, owned by farmers and this is at the heart of what we do. We value passion: passion for our grapes, our brand and our people. We’re honest and real with a shared purpose. And we’re building a team that’s playing to win and daring to try new things.
We’re looking for a Packaging, System Advisor to join our efforts to strive for high performance work teams, safe work environment, achieve high standards for sanitation, quality continuous improvement and employee relations at our Lawton, Michigan Plant. This leader in the plant will be responsible for production efficiencies, safety, quality and cost.
What You’ll Do:
- Responsible for leading daily shift to shift team meetings covering safety, quality, OEE, 5S, line startups and performance metrics.
- Supervise production employees in order to achieve packaging department objectives by assigning responsibilities, coordinating work efforts, removing obstacles, evaluating performance, and employee time tracking.
- Act as a leader in the plant; coach and train employees on safety and quality regulatory requirements.
- Manage the plant’s master sanitation schedules and maintenance requests for the packaging areas.
- Enforce any contractual rights or demands as they apply to the packaging department.
Who You Are:
- A professional with the ability to train and influence all employees including other leaders in the plant.
- A strong communicator who has the interpersonal skills to manage relationships within the plant as well as suppliers and corporate office employees.
- Somebody with an attitude of ‘making it happen’ including; acting with urgency, embracing ambiguity, and daring to try.
- A detail oriented individual with data analysis skills
What You’ll Need:
- B.S. in Operations Management or Engineering strongly preferred
- 2+ years of experience in a Food manufacturing environment preferred
- Familiar with Microsoft Office; Excel, Outlook, and Word
- Supervisory experience preferred
- SQF or HACCP certification or equivalent experience preferred
- Ability to work 1st or 2nd shift and increased hours during Harvest Season
What You’ll Enjoy:
- Collaborative colleagues working together to deliver results.
- Robust health benefits, and paid time off programs
- Generous 401k plan with annual company match
- Discounts on Welch’s products
Welch’s is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Protected Veteran