Associate Food Scientist
We’re looking for an early career Food Scientist with a passion for technical data management to help our R&D team ensure data integrity of our ingredient, formula, manufacturing and packaging specifications throughout the Product Lifecyle Management system..
What You’ll Do:
- Create, edit, and review specifications throughout the NPD cycle (for example: raw material, nutritional, formulation, manufacturing, and finished product specifications) in support of Product Development on all projects and products.
- Identify and act on opportunities to optimize technical data management by applying technical experience, computer skills, and eye for continuous improvement in partnership with R&D and IT.
- Provide benchtop development through commercialization support to bring food and beverages concepts to life.
Who You Are:
- On the path to being a Food Scientist
- Passionate about data management, PLM, and IT systems
- A detail-oriented thinker who enjoys being the last set of eyes on important and sensitive data
- An effective communicator who proactively engages with colleagues
- A status quo challenger who can help us identify and act on opportunities to work differently
- Perhaps you also have some food product development , culinary , or even microbiology or regulatory – that would support success in this role!
What You’ll Need:
- Food Science degree (or related with food development experience – Bio Chemistry, Chemistry, Microbiology, Culinary, Nutrition)
- Demonstrated interest in specification development, Product Lifecycle Management (PLM)
- Strong computer skills and interest (Selerent DevEx or similar – e.g. Genesis, Hamilton Grant and Oracle)
What You’ll Enjoy:
- Collaborative colleagues working together to deliver results
- Flexible work schedules including Summer and Winter Hours
- Robust health benefits, and paid time off programs
- Generous 401k plan with annual company match
- Discounts on Welch’s products
Welch’s is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Protected Veteran