Natural Channel Sales Manager
Headquartered in Concord, Massachusetts, Welch’s is the processing and marketing subsidiary of the National Grape Cooperative. Welch’s is owned by over 1,000 family-farmers across the U.S.A. and Canada who make up this cooperative and who grow the delicious Concord and Niagara grapes used in Welch’s juices and other grape-based products. 100% of our profits go to small family farmers. For more information on Welch’s, visit www.welchs.com and www.facebook.com/welchsgrapes.
We’re looking for a Natural Channel Sales Manager to join our Growth Team! This exciting new position will be critical in driving growth in the natural channel and delivering new business development opportunities with key customers. We are in need of a confident, hard-working individual who is ready to join us on our exciting evolution into New Channels. We are looking for someone who is passionate about bringing our naturally healthy products and disruptive innovation to more people and places!
What You’ll Do:
- Develop Welch’s business with key natural channel accounts utilizing internal resources and external broker networks
- Lead the development and execution of customer specific business plans by setting and communicating specific goals and priorities
- Stay connected with leading edge industry trends and use that knowledge to co-develop new, innovative products with specific customers
- Work on special projects and customer specific initiatives within the New Channels Department
Who You Are:
- Someone with skills in negotiation, account management, account penetration, strategic selling, category management, and leading edge sales strategies.
- A cross-functional influencer with the ability to manage change throughout Welch’s and our broker networks
- A creative and innovative problem solver, with the ability to anticipate trends, situations or changing market conditions and take appropriate action on a timely basis
- Someone with strong financial and business acumen
What You’ll Need:
- S./B.A. required.
- 5-10 years of sales experience in a customer facing role
- Natural channel (i.e. Whole Foods, Trader Joe’s, etc.) experience
- Up to 50% travel required
What You’ll Enjoy:
- Collaborative colleagues working together to deliver results
- Flexible work schedules including Summer and Winter Hours
- Robust health benefits, and paid time off programs
- Generous 401k plan with annual company match
- Discounts on Welch’s products
Welch’s is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Protected Veteran