VP Sales Strategy & Planning
The Vice President Sales Strategy & Planning will focus on developing long-term sales strategies across current and new channels, and customers to achieve the annual volume and profit plan. This individual will serve as a critical leader in prioritizing which new channels/customers Welch’s pursue and develop. This person will work closely with the US President, functioning as a critical member of the Growth Leadership Team and as the ‘voice of sales’ in developing and executing collaborative growth plans to achieve results.
What You’ll Do:
- This Vice President will develop plans for action, implement new procedures and methods to achieve company goals, leveraging leadership, vision, support and effective resource allocation.
- Leads development of overall sales strategy to chart the course in becoming best in class among ‘traditional Welch’s channels/competitors’ (shelf stable juice aisle), and leads definition, prioritization and resource allocation together with Growth Team counterparts to achieve growth targets to new channels and parts of store.
- Identifies market dynamics, pricing trends, competitive opportunities and customer opportunities and turns them into actionable plans to deliver growth.
- Provides insight and leadership required to ensure attainment of plan targets within trade spending parameters on an ongoing basis. Leads team in conducting pricing, promotion, and assortment analyses to uncover problems and/or opportunities and develop action plans to improve performance and efficiency.
- Sets and communicates trade strategy, priorities, budgets, and tactics. Reviews sales plans to understand profitability and make recommendations to improve return on investments.
- Leads, trains, monitors performance and develops skills, competencies and capabilities of direct reports.
Who You Are:
- Exceptional leader possessing strong cross functional collaboration skills.
- Strong influencer across the organization and with senior management; ability to inspire, motivate and hold team accountable.
- Proven track record of success within traditional retail channels, and possesses experience developing new business from some under-development channels, such as emerging (ecommerce), alternative (drug, mass, vending, military…) and foodservice.
- Knowledge and understanding of trade investment performance dynamics.
- Ability to objectively balance cross-functional requirements / demands and to be effective in a highly volatile and ever-changing marketplace.
- Previous sales planning experience within trade management, analytics, business development or category management, in addition to line experience.
What You’ll Need:
- Minimum 15 years of related experience in traditional CPG coupled with experience in at least one Welch’s opportunity growth channel (drug, c-store, natural, foodservice, ecommerce).
- Some travel required (est. 20%).
- Four-year undergraduate degree in business, marketing or related field
- Start-up or small company experience preferred
What You’ll Enjoy:
- Collaborative colleagues working together to deliver results
- Flexible work schedules including Summer and Winter Hours
- Robust health benefits, and paid time off programs
- Generous 401k plan with annual company match
- Discounts on Welch’s products
Welch’s is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Protected Veteran