JOB PURPOSE: position where the primary duties are to perform repairs, corrective and preventative / predictive maintenance on optical Rx Lens manufacturing machinery, support commission and optimization of facility/equipment as well as participate to continuously improve processes, equipment, automation and maintenance.
- Determine schedules, sequences, and assignments for work activities, based on work priority, shopfloor production planning, quantity of equipment, and skill of personnel.
- Condition based & predictive maintenance based on IT tools
- Monitoring of equipment and tools based on real time IT-Software as well as proper reaction based on the available information (Utilize CPI, Lean Manufacturing and TPM concepts in department operations; utilize analysis tools to measure breakdown losses and other improvement tools.)
- Support the commissioning and optimization of both new and existing equipment.
- Manage change control and system documentation.
- Inspect and monitor work areas, examine tools and equipment, and provide employee safety training to prevent, detect, and correct unsafe conditions or violations of procedures and safety rules.
- Investigate accidents or injuries and prepare reports of findings.
- Monitor employees' work levels and review work performance.
- Requisition materials and supplies, such as tools, equipment, or replacement parts.
- Preventative machine maintenance
- Machine repair and general troubleshooting
- Dismantles, adjusts, repairs, and assembles manufacturing and related equipment.
- Performs routine emergency procedures which may include fire, entry alarm, catastrophe, and chemical compliance.
- Helps completes projects of a defined scope on manufacturing and facility related equipment.
- Performs tests and monitors equipment using prescribed test procedures and diagnostic equipment.
- Diagnosing breakdown problems
- Prepares and maintains appropriate and required documentation on tasks performed.
- Maintains logs and records.
- Modifies and/or installs new equipment for the facility and production.
- Insures that equipment is safe and in proper working order.
- Complies with all NEC & OSHA safety regulations.
- Operates and maintains plant support equipment.
- Drafts and updates work instructions, operating procedures, visual aids, and control plan documents pertaining to preventative maintenance of lab equipment
- Participate to continuously improve processes, equipment and maintenance
- Additional tasks as needed.
- Participate in meetings to enhance departmental communication and efficiency.
- Participate in safety meetings
- May be assigned to different workstations or product lines as production needs require.
- May train peers.
- 4 year degree, preferably in engineering / technical field.
- 3-5 years related experience
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve issues
- Requires ability to sustain lengthy periods of visual concentration and good hand/eye/foot coordination.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, multi-task production environment.
- Have the ability to focus for long periods of time
- Have an eye for attention to detail and symmetry
- Have solid dexterity and electrical (read and understand circuit diagram, analysis and error diagnostic, understand industrial networks) and mechanical skills
- Patience to fully see the task through is a must
- Honest, dependable and be able to follow directions either written or verbal
- Ability to communicate with other associates in a clear, concise manner
- Professional demeanor
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and database software applications such as SAP
- Understanding of 5S principles
- First experience with robots (e.g. Universal Robots, ABB)
- Know-how in automation technology / PLC (preferred Siemens TIA Portal)
- IT understanding/know-how (MES and ERP Systems)
- Interests in electro-technics, mechanics and optics
- Open for new technologies and digital solutions to continuously improve maintenance
- Understand correlation and dependency of the interconnection of several process and automation equipment
- Experience in ISO, Lean, SIX Sigma
May have exposure to noise and flammable solvents. Must wear applicable protective safety equipment. Some overtime may be required. Arm-hand steadiness. Manual Dexterity. Control Precision. Finger Dexterity. Multi-limb Coordination
Works on assignments that are moderately difficult, requires judgment in resolving issues and/or making recommendations.
May be assigned to one or more of the following machines: Taping Machine, Blocker, Generator, Finer & Polisher, Wash line, wet-chemical Coating Machine, AR Coating Machine (Vacuum Coater), Lensometer, Finish Blocker, Edger, Hand Etchers, Groover, Drill, Hand Tools, automated conveyors, robotics, actuating elements & sensoric and other machines as determined by management.
THE ABOVE IS INTENDED TO DESCRIBE THE GENERAL CONTENT OF AND REQUIREMENTS FOR THIS JOB. IT IS NOT TO BE CONSTRUED AS AN EXHAUSTIVE STATEMENT OF REQUIREMENTS, DUTIES, OR RESPONSIBILITIES.