Product Data Specialist
We’re looking for a Product Data Specialist to join our Sales Planning team! This position will manage product syndication within Salsify and ensure accurate geographical hierarchy and commission set-ups in support of Welch’s trade management program.
What You’ll Do:
- Ensure sourced item attributes (i.e., codes, descriptions, specs, nutrition facts, etc.) are available and accurate within Salsify.
- Collect, enter, and update un-sourced attribute data (i.e., romance copy, other misc.) directly into Salsify.
- Understand the source of the data and work with the appropriate business area (i.e., Finance, R&D) and IT BPS to resolve data discrepancies.
- Coordinate with field sales/brokers who handle unsynchronized customer-specific “top-off” attributes directly in customer’s systems to help them source and enter accurate data.
- Publish requested items to 1WorldSync (GDSN) customers. Follow through and resolve issues until items are successfully syndicated.
- Partner with the e-Commerce Team to ensure finished product item images are available within Salsify as well as assisting them with item syndication to new e-commerce channels.
- Work with the IT BPS on the sourcing of data for new channels, new attribute requests, and incorporating customer-specific data when feasible.
- Regarding the PPIC process: Ensure new item hierarchy requests follow the correct protocol prior to having codes set up in Oracle.
- Manage the display ready pallet request process with Field Sales.
- Work with all Sales Teams (domestic, international and GIG), Accounts Receivable, Customer Ops and IT BPS to manage Oracle set-ups of the territory hierarchy, salespersons and broker commissions.
- Act as the internal point person for New Customer Setups and Customer Restructures: Broker the paperwork and ensure all departments have what they need (IT, Credit/AR, Customer Ops, etc.).
Who You Are:
- A self-motivated, driven, passionate individual with strong change management skills.
- A team player with a can-do attitude
- Able to decipher retailer information needs, track down those answers within Welch’s, and deliver them in a timely fashion; sometimes with very little lead-time.
- Have a high degree of proficiency with the following technical tools:
- Familiarity with data synchronization
- ERP systems (Oracle EBS applications are a plus)
- Advanced Excel skills are required
- Reporting tools (Oracle BI and/or Noetix experience) are a plus
- Must demonstrate initiative and project ownership, exhibiting excellent project management skills and a results-oriented attitude.
- Strong interpersonal skills, particularly in building positive, collaborative relationships across departments, with Welch’s customers and with Welch’s 3rd party partners.
- Extremely organized and someone who pays close attention to detail.
- Excellent problem solving and decision making skills.
- Ability to initiate and promote process improvement.
- Ability to understand technical concepts.
What You’ll Need:
- S./B.A. required.
- Minimum of 2-3 years related experience
- Expertise using Data Sync
- Experience with Salsify highly preferred
What You’ll Enjoy:
- Collaborative colleagues working together to deliver results
- Flexible work schedules including Summer and Winter Hours
- Robust health benefits, and paid time off programs
- Generous 401k plan with annual company match
- Discounts on Welch’s products
Welch’s is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Protected Veteran