To strengthen our Team in the Mid-Atlantic region, we are seeking Sr. Retail Business Development Representative or Retail Business Development Representative's objective is to increase sales pull-through and build market share of Carl Zeiss Vision premium products across lenses, coatings, labs and equipment in Retail and Managed Care accounts. Incumbents in this position are fully qualified, experienced professionals.
- Achieve and/or exceed territory sales goals of premium products.
- Increase sales target of Carl Zeiss Vision premium products and services to opticians, optometrists and lab customer service.
- Gains commitment to initiate trial or increase product usage.
- Establishes a positive working relationship with Carl Zeiss Vision employees and colleagues.
- Plans, schedules, coordinates and conducts a variety of on-site and remote training programs and seminars to maximize business objectives, to increase demand for Carl Zeiss Vision products and to teach dispensing procedures.
- Implements cost efficient territory management through call cycle planning and objectives, and array of communication vehicles (i.e., email, fax, tele-conference, web hosting, webinars, regional seminars…etc.).
- Supports sales blitzes on a local, regional and national basis for launch initiatives across lenses, coatings, labs and equipment.
- Prepares and submits call cycle and expense reports on a weekly/monthly basis necessary.
- Assists in development of newsletters, videos, marketing and technical collateral, seminar topics, and other dispenser training and selling aids.
- Prepares and submits call cycle and expense reports on a weekly/monthly basis as needed.
- Helps train Retail Business Development Representatives as needed.
- Lead special projects as needed.
- Perform additional tasks as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Organizational Development, Industrial Relations or a related field strongly preferred
- Minimum of 4-5 years’ experience in field sales, training or sales support role
- Optical management sales experience preferred
- ABO certification or ABO Speaker certification preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Interpersonal, problem-solving, analytical and computer skills required
- Experience with salesforce.com preferred
With more than 25,000 employees, ZEISS is one of the global leaders in the optical and optoelectronic industries and has been contributing to technological progress for 170 years. ZEISS develops and distributes lithography optics, measuring technology, microscopes, medical technology, eyeglass lenses, camera and cine lenses, binoculars and planetarium technology.