We're Welch's. You may know us for the great tasting juice and jelly you had as a kid, but we're so much more. We're a co-operative, owned by farmers and this is at the heart of what we do. We constantly strive for innovative and collaborative ways to approach our work and our customers. We value passion: passion for our grapes, our brand and our people. We're honest and real with a shared purpose. And we're building a team that's playing to win and daring to try new things.
We're looking for an Accounting Manager to join our team to manage various accounting activities, processes and controls.
What You'll Do:
- Manage day-to-day accounting activities to ensure timeliness, accuracy, and internal controls, as well as month end close process (including review of journal entries, reconciliation, review of balance sheet account and monthly internal financial package).
- Participate in ongoing development of accounting policies and procedures, including review and implementation of process and system changes and research of new accounting pronouncements
- Assist with various audits, including year-end (preparation and review of audit and tax provision schedules), the preparation of tax return schedules for submission to outside tax advisor, and the preparation of the Company's annual report.
- Assist with the budget and forecast of income tax, interest expense and professional services.
- Collaborate with FP&A on the budget and forecast of balance sheet and cash flows.
- Review royalty / license agreements to identify accounting issues and to monitor compliance with the company's revenue recognition policies.
- Manage inventory control processes within plant and third party manufacturers.
- Lead special projects to understand existing internal controls and associated standard operating procedures. Identify opportunities for improvement, and implementation of control changes or enhancements.
Who You Are:
- An experienced accountant a mix of public and private accounting work would be best
- A high performer who can balance multiple competing priorities and deadlines as part of a broader team.
- An agile learner, focused on driving process improvements.
- An excellent communicator, who can professionally interact (verbally and in writing) with colleagues at all levels of the organization.
- Must be a positive team player with a strong ability collaborate cross functionally and influence good decision making.
What You'll Need:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, CPA strongly preferred.
- 8-10 years of accounting experience, with manufacturing company experience preferred.
- Proficient skills in Microsoft Office (particularly Excel).
What You'll Enjoy:
- Collaborative colleagues working together to deliver results.
- Flexible work schedules including Summer and Winter Hours.
- Robust health benefits, and paid time off programs.
- Generous 401k plan with annual company match.
- Discounts on Welch's products.
Welch's is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Protected Veteran