Customer Service Agent
Customer Service is the primary interface for all day to day business operations acting as a liaison between our Eye Care Professionals, Sales and Lab Operations. Customer Service helps nurture a differentiated yet consistent Zeiss customer experience across all operational touch points in order to drive awareness, preference and loyalty for Zeiss.
Customer Service Agent I attracts and maintains customers by answering product and service questions as well as making suggestions to meet the customer’s needs. Expectations are for the agent to handle a broad variety of pre-sales, sales and/or post-sales service functions for our customers in a timely, consistent and professional manner. The Customer Service Agent l is the customer’s brand ambassador and shows responsibility and accountability by resolving product or service issues through clarifying the customer’s complaint, determining the cause of the issue, explaining the best solution to solve the issue, expediting the correction, and following up to ensure resolution.
- Provides appropriate technical and/or product-related information / consultation when needed
- Recommends appropriate products (lens style, material, anti-reflective coatings) based on customer inquiries
- Responds to, investigates and resolves customer requests and inquiries via all modes of communication (phone, fax, instant message, and email) in a timely & courteous manner, in particular
- receives, records and routes customer orders and order changes in an appropriate manner
- answers status requests on existing orders
- manages difficult customer situations in a calm and professional manner
- Proactively follow up on customer requests, orders and/or any further issues in a timely manner
- Assist internal stakeholders with inquiries related to accounts, products, services and status of orders
- Documents pertinent information in the provided tools
- Helps build customers’ interest in new products (lenses, coatings) and services
- Actively gathers feedback and drives continuous improvement of services and processes to increase efficiency
- High School Diploma or Equivalent Required.
- 2 to 3 years customer service and or optical background/experience
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and under certain time pressure, high flexibility & adaptability to changing priorities, considerable judgment and initiative to resolve any problems, make robust recommendations and / or escalate to the appropriate management level
- Demonstrate high degree of customer focus and a positive customer service attitude
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills for professional interactions with customers and internal stakeholders
- Proficient in problem solving, teamwork, and time management skills
- Willingness and ability to learn optical skills & knowledge
- Fast paced work environment with rapidly changing priorities and complex assignments
- Some exposure to noise, dust, moisture, heat, or cold
- Overtime may be required on short notice
- Standard office equipment (including telephone, computer, printers, facsimile, copier), standard office software including Microsoft Office applications, special industry software
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of requirements, duties, or responsibilities.