Quality Assurance, System Advisor
We’re Welch’s. You may know us for the great tasting juice and jelly you had as a kid, but we’re so much more. We’re a co-operative, owned by farmers and this is at the heart of what we do. We value passion: passion for our grapes, our brand and our people. We’re honest and real with a shared purpose. And we’re building a team that’s playing to win and daring to try new things.
We’re looking for a Quality Assurance, System Advisor to join our efforts to strive for excellence in food safety at our Lawton, Michigan Plant. This leader in the plant will be responsible for SQF, HACCP, FDA, and company policy requirements.
What You’ll Do:
- Lead audit and regulatory responsibilities including; SQF and HACCP, supplier quality and consumer complaint reviews, and MDA, SQF, and internal audits.
- Supervise QA testing and juice tank analysis to monitor WSS, temperature, and alcohol levels.
- Act as a leader in the plant; coach and train employees and members of leadership on recordkeeping and regulatory topics.
- Help lead preparation, lab testing, and all other efforts to ensure a successful harvest season.
- Responsible for recipe management and the coordination of plant test runs as needed.
- Develop and manage the plant’s master sanitation schedules and supervise lab tech and janitorial functions as necessary.
Who You Are:
- A QA professional with the ability to train and influence all employees including other leaders in the plant.
- A strong communicator who has the interpersonal skills to manage relationships within the plant as well as the corporate office.
- Somebody with an attitude of ‘making it happen’ including; acting with urgency, embracing ambiguity, and daring to try.
- A detail oriented individual with data analysis skills
What You’ll Need:
- B.S. in Food Science, Engineering, Chemistry or Microbiology preferred
- 2+ years of experience in a Food Safety/QA role in a manufacturing environment
- SQF Practitioner certification preferred
- Familiar with Microsoft Office; Excel, Outlook, and Word
- Supervisory experience preferred
- HACCP certification or equivalent experience preferred
What You’ll Enjoy:
- Collaborative colleagues working together to deliver results.
- Robust health benefits, and paid time off programs
- Generous 401k plan with annual company match
- Discounts on Welch’s products
Welch’s is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Protected Veteran