The Human Resources Business Partner will assist the planning and implementation of HR initiatives for their client groups and provide coaching to HR Business Partner(s). Key areas of support include strategic partnering with business leaders, employee relations, leading people through change, talent acquisition and retention, OD/OE, designing creative HR solutions, partnering cross-functionally for operational excellence, facilitating learning and development and improving/creating policies, processes and programs.
This team member will also work closely with the Sr. Manager or Sr. HRBP and rest of the team to develop the strategy and lead the design and delivery of improved systems and processes that maximize effectiveness and efficiency. Leading and/or co-leading the design, implementation and sustainment of effective HR programs and or processes will be an on-going responsibility of this role.
- Partners with client groups to provide and facilitate effective HR programs and business practices
- Administers and enforces various HR policies and procedures for all company personnel
- Help to develop, implement and train employees at all levels on HR policies, procedures and programs
- Assist with the HR planning process (i.e., talent needs assessment, organization structures, consolidations, etc.)
- Coordinates the annual Organization and Talent Review process
- Plans, implements and administers the Talent Acquisition activities: staffing strategies, sourcing and implementation plans and programs to identify qualified talent, headcount and labor cost management, etc.
- Responsible for the effective delivery of on-boarding / assimilation process for new hires and transferred or promoted employees
- Advises managers and supervisors on employee relations issues; making recommendations for termination or suspension if necessary. Reviews and approves, denies or changes employee counseling documents and provides support and training to managers/supervisors in delivering coaching and/or counseling
- Monitors performance evaluation program and makes recommendations to managers regarding development opportunities for employees
- Assists managers in identifying appropriate training resources as well as facilitation of meetings, workshops, etc.
- Coordinates employee transfers by ensuring appropriate documentation and communicating with all appropriate audiences
- Conducts Exit Interviews with employees to identify trends and make recommendations to reduce turnover and increase engagement
- Maintains current knowledge and understanding of regulations, industry trends, current practices, new developments and applicable laws regarding human resources
- Establishes credibility throughout the organization with management and employees by being an effective listener and problem solver
- Introduces and encourages “best practices” to Company where appropriate
- Perform additional tasks as required.
- BS degree in Human Resources, Management or a related field; SPHR and/or MS degree preferred
- 5+ years of related Human Resources experience
- Knowledge and ability to implement Human Resources best practices to grow the business and talent
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal skills and business acumen
- Strong planning, influencing/coaching, collaboration and communication skills
- Results driven on maximizing organizational effectiveness is key
- Proven ability to build relationships and partner across functional lines
- Knowledge of workforce planning and forecasting methods and an understanding of the local and national labor market
- Ability to remain externally focused to stay apprised of current trends in recruiting and retention
- Knowledge of Federal, State and local employment-related regulations
- Professional demeanor with a high degree of flexibility, strong process orientation, analytical and problem solving ability, good judgment and strong operational focus
- Demonstrated ability to interface and maintain effective relationships with all levels of employees in a team-oriented environment
- Outstanding verbal, written and presentation skills
- Strong financial acumen is preferred
- Advanced proficiency with MS Office products particularly in Excel and PowerPoint
With just under 25,000 employees, ZEISS is one of the global leaders in the optical and optoelectronic industries and has been contributing to technological progress for 170 years. ZEISS develops and distributes lithography optics, measuring technology, microscopes, medical technology, eyeglass lenses, camera and cine lenses, binoculars and planetarium technology.
We are an EEO/AA/Veterans/Disabled employer.