At Actian we believe data should be used as a competitive advantage. Through the deployment of remarkable data technology, underpinned by a relentless and trusted service commitment, we help business critical systems transact and integrate at their very best. The company is headquartered in Silicon Valley and has offices worldwide.
We are looking for a Senior Business Application Architect to be responsible for the design and development of new and existing internal business applications. This position will be responsible for gathering requirement, process design, implementation and testing of web applications and integrations that enable business processes for internal employee and customers in Salesforce.com, NetSuite and other SaaS based applications.
- Assist in gathering and understanding business requirement and participate in the estimation and timeline process.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of complex reports and reporting systems across different environments.
- Collaborate with team members and internal customers to design and implement solutions that provide long term scalability, reliability, and performance.
- Identify design-level risks and communicate them to stakeholders.
- Develop and maintain documentation on an ongoing basis.
- Support and enhance existing Force.com, SuiteScript, SuiteTalk and C# based applications.
- Perform debugging and unit testing of software projects.
- Assist in development of new internal applications on the Lightning Components, Force.com, and NetSuite platform.
- Must have 5 - 8 years’ experience working as Application Architect or Business Analyst on some SaaS based application with focus on ERP and CRM processes.
- Some working experience in C#, XML, JSON, REST, SOAP, SQL and ASP.NET, and be comfortable jumping into new areas.
- Understanding of web-based services and tools required
- Working knowledge of different tools like Visual Studio, SQL Server Management Studio, DataloaderIO, Subversion, Apache Ant etc.
- Some experience with HTML, and scripting languages desirable but not mandatory
- Ability to quickly learn complex business processes and transform business requirements to technical requirement.
- Experience using SQL Server, including the use of triggers, views and stored procedures
- Understanding of cross platform OS systems.
- Ability to work constructively with diverse people and with parties who have divergent needs and interests.
- Excellent customer facing skills and Excellent technical writing abilities.