At Actian we believe data should be used as a competitive advantage. Through the deployment of remarkable data technology, underpinned by a relentless and trusted service commitment, we help business critical systems transact and integrate at their very best. The company is headquartered in Silicon Valley and has offices worldwide. We are looking for an Austin, Texas based Support Engineer to provide prompt, courteous and in-depth front-end technical support to customers.
- Provides customer support via phone and email to developers and end users.
- Uses Salesforce Service Cloud Reporting Portal to manage support cases, perform issue investigation of customer problems, answer customer questions, and offer solutions to problems.
- Develops in-depth skills with Actian products and related technologies in the product area to provide quality customer support.
- Uses standard communication methods, such as telephone, email and Service Cloud, to update customers on issues.
- Works with Senior Support Engineers, Principal Support Engineers, or the Team Lead to expedite resolution of customer issues and to escalate issues.
- Works to identify and document product defects and forwards them to engineering.
- Provides Knowledge Documents and How-to Documents, and monitors and posts to the community.
- Uses Service Cloud to maintain accurate customer history for all issues that are recorded; documents each in a complete and concise manner.
- Demonstrates effective implementation of Actian's Core Competencies.
- Typically requires 3- 5 years’ experience in a relevant field
- Bachelor's Degree preferred or required work-related experience
- Strong customer communication skills (written and verbal)
- Strong customer service mindset, including attitude, ethics and approach
- Proven troubleshooting skills
- Knowledge of SQL, query-writing
- Knowledge of (but not limited to): Oracle, SQL Server, Sybase, IBM DB2, MySQL, Informix, Access, Excel, XML, JMS (message oriented middleware), ODBC, ASCII, Java, COM, C, Visual Source Safe, CVS, REST
- Knowledge of scripting languages, including Bash, Shell, JSP etc.
- Knowledge and use of data integration products, like Informatica, Boomi, Talend or Actian a plus
- Linux installation and administration skills a plus
- Salesforce and Jira experience a plus
- Can quickly grasp and learn new technologies
- Business travel of approximately 5 or less percent yearly is expected for this position
*We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer