At Actian we believe data should be used as a competitive advantage. Through the deployment of remarkable data technology, underpinned by a relentless and trusted service commitment, we help business critical systems transact and integrate at their very best. The company is headquartered in Silicon Valley and has offices worldwide. We are looking for an experienced Developer Community Manager to support and engage Actian’s global community of IT-Practitioners across all products.
Actian is the hybrid data management, integration, and analytics company. Our products are used by data-driven IT-Practitioners to MANAGE: Capture, store, and query any type of data, SQL or NoSQL, using relational, object, or embedded databases; CONNECT: Integrate data between databases, applications, and even businesses using on-premise and cloud-based solutions, either self-service and managed service; and ANALYZE: Deploy an analytic query engine to accelerate insights into your data, on a single node or across a Hadoop cluster, using ANSI SQL and your favorite BI tools.
As the Developer Community Manager, you’ll be a key member of our Developer Relations team, working alongside our Developer Evangelists, and performing an important role in shaping and executing our strategy for engaging, nurturing and growing the Actian IT-Practitioner product-centric communities. Your positive energy, can-do attitude, and experience with developer communities will set you apart.
- Community platform – Responsible for community platform administration and management, including user experience and user management. Coordinate and support community moderators; working with the Salesforce.com and Actian Support teams to leverage best practices and ensure community health.
- Analytics and reporting – Use web/community platform/social media analytics reporting and other measurement tool data to prepare consolidated community metrics reports, and continually find ways to improve on those metrics through testing and new initiatives
- Business development – Support low-friction lead-generation through community engagement online and from events, and help connect customers to the appropriate sales, marketing, services and support leads as needed to help drive awareness, engagement, adoption and repeat purchase
- Community relations – Inspire, engage, and drive interaction across the community. Support Customer Advocacy program execution with related community initiatives, and coordinate customer support across Community channels – answering questions however they come in (phone, e-mail, Twitter), managing Actian forums, and monitoring key 3rd party forums/sites such as Stack Overflow and GitHub.
- Communications/Content creation – Create strategic marketing/communications plans to provide direction for community communications. Manage the community editorial calendar and motivate subject matter experts to write blog posts and articles. Write newsletters, communications materials, and material for social media channels.
- Social media marketing – Grow Actian followers, promote community content and advocates, and manage the company’s presence through blogs, Twitter, Facebook, and other strategically relevant online properties such as LinkedIn groups.
- Events and event planning – Build a scalable community meetup program, activating and supporting the organizers, advocates and evangelists that will represent Actian at industry events in their local city (often outside of 9-5 hours) and that are planning meetups for their community. Lead/Support in the end-to-end management/coordination of Actian sponsored community events such as user conferences, code-sprints/hackathons, workshops, webinars etc.
- Public relations – Funnel incoming media and industry journalist requests to Marketing; and support the creation, execution and measurement of media campaigns.
- Outgoing personality, with English language reading, writing, and speaking proficiency is a must
- Social media maven, adept at identifying relevant interesting and trending topics to share with the community
- Community platform management experience; including policies, administration, support, and maintenance, is required
- Excellent time management and project management skills, with experience planning and managing high-volume low-budget events is preferred
- Degree in PR, journalism, communications, English or equivalent experience preferred
- Passionate about developers, data, analytics, and computer programming
- Previous experience as a Developer Community Manager is preferred
- Desire to support an always-on community and willingness to work flexible hours to accommodate evening/weekend events, online support, and up to 25% travel (local, national, and international travel is occasional and part of the job).
- NYC, Austin or Palo Alto are preferred locations.
#Community #Inclusion #BigData #Data #DataAnalytics #DataScience #Database #Hadoop #SQL #SQLAnalytics #DataViz #LoveToCode #HourOfCode #CodeForACause #GirlsWhoCode #WomenInTech #GirlsInTech #STEM #Hackathon #Meetup #Job #Hiring