At Actian we believe data should be used as a competitive advantage. Through the deployment of remarkable data technology, underpinned by a relentless and trusted service commitment, we help business critical systems transact and integrate at their very best. The company is headquartered in Silicon Valley and has offices worldwide. We are looking for an experienced Developer Evangelist to drive awareness, engagement, and adoption of Actian Vector across the global community of IT-Practitioners.
Actian Vector is a high-performance vectorized columnar analytic database. Actian Vector is… FAST: Consistent performance leader on TPC-H decision support benchmark over the last 5 years; OPEN: Industry-standard ANSI SQL:2003 support plus integration for an extensive set of data formats; ENTERPRISE-GRADE: Updates, security, management, replication. Actian Vector in Hadoop (VectorH) provides comprehensive SQL analytics in Hadoop, with performance up to 900x faster than HAWQ, SparkSQL, Impala, and Hive.
As a Senior Developer Evangelist, you’ll play an important role in shaping and executing our strategy for reaching and growing the Actian Vector data analytics community. While you love to code and you can tell a great story with insights extracted from raw data; your passion, self-confidence, and fine-tuned soft-skills elevate your abilities to engage, inspire, and help others, setting you apart as a leader in the community.
- Be the product advovate for Actian Vector; targeting practitioner communities in-person, online and via social media, incl. conferences, meetups, coding boot-camps, webinars, 1:1 office hours, online forums etc.
- Drive strategies to build relationships with key influencers and users, collect and prioritize their feedback, and be the advocate for practitioners; representing the Practitioner point of view internally with Engineering, Support, and Product teams
- Develop and maintain Community tools incl. consumable demo datasets, data loaders, deployment tools, data quality checkers, client libraries, demo apps, starter projects etc.
- Develop, publish, and share technical content incl. whitepapers, blog posts, videos, workshops, webinars, training, and tutorials, for novices and experts alike
- Engage, support, and mentor practitioners to ensure success with using Actian products. Scale outreach initiatives by enabling and partnering with Actian field teams, Actian partners, and other complementary-3rd party solution providers
- English language reading, writing, and public speaking proficiency is a must.
- Self-starter, with excellent time management and project management skills.
- 5+ years of programming experience with expertise in database technologies, data analytics, data management, data visualization, and end-user data-rich apps. Typical experience includes ETL, OLTP, OLAP, RDBMS, OODB, HDFS, and BI.
- Extremely comfortable live-coding and performing code walk-throughs in front of public audiences is essential (in-person and via remote presentation).
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, or equivalent, is required.
- Previous experience as a developer advocate, developer evangelist is preferred.
- Desire to support an always-on community and willingness to work flexible hours to accommodate evening/weekend events, and 25-50% travel (local, national, and international travel is part of the job).
- NYC, Austin or Palo Alto are preferred locations.
#BigData #Data #DataAnalytics #DataScience #Database #Hadoop #SQL #SQLAnalytics #DataViz #LoveToCode #HourOfCode #CodeForACause #GirlsWhoCode #WomenInTech #GirlsInTech #STEM #Hackathon #Job #Hiring