AAA Hoosier Motor Club is Hiring Tow Truck Drivers!!!
Pay plus incentives & Full Benefits offered
No Towing experience necessary, must have good driving record.
Benefits include: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Long Term disability and 401K
Service members and other customers who contact AAA Hoosier Motor Club for roadside assistance. Drives to location of member to perform services.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
- Obey traffic laws and follow established traffic and transportation procedures and all other company established safety rules.
- Inspect and maintain vehicle supplies and equipment.
- Report any mechanical problems encountered with vehicles.
- Verify that appropriate tools and documentation are in vehicle prior to shifts and properly maintain all equipment.
- Safeguards, properly accounts for and turns in receipts, money received and reconcile the inventory before and after shift change.
- Read maps, and follow written, verbal and electronic geographic directions.
- Report delays in reaching service destination.
- Performs emergency road service duties including but not limited to: jump starts, tire changes, lockout services, fuel delivery, light mechanical, extrication and/or winching, towing services on disabled vehicles.
- Operate a tow vehicle in a safe manner with valid driver's license and driving record in accordance with the AAA Associate Driver Safety Guide.
- Operate computer related equipment including but not limited to: wireless data terminals, vehicle charging system diagnostic equipment, credit card terminals and two-way radios in a professional manner.
- Maintain and account for company provided fuel cards.
- Performs maintenance on Club vehicles as requested.
Education : High school diploma or GED preferred but not required.
Experience : One to three months related experience preferred but not required and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Credit Card Swipe Machine
- Electronic Dispatch (Mobile Data Terminal)
- Basic data entry skills
- Valid chauffer's license
- Driving record in accordance with AAA Associate Driver Safety Guide
- Valid DOT physical
- Basic mechanical aptitude
- Basic math skills
- Adaptability - Ability to adapt to change in the workplace.
- Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
- Communication, Written - Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
- Customer Oriented - Ability to take care of the customers’ needs while following company procedures.
- Decision Making - Ability to make critical decisions while following company procedures.
- Reliability - The trait of being dependable and trustworthy.
- Safety Awareness - Ability to identify and correct conditions that affect employee safety.
- Productivity - Producing results in a timely and efficient manner.
- Mechanical Aptitude - A natural or innate ability to work with one's hands using tools and/or machinery. An understanding of how mechanical items work.