Senior Cloud Architect
Actian | http://www.actian.com/
12365 Riata Trace Pkwy B, Austin, TX 78727
At Actian we believe data should be used as a competitive advantage. Through the deployment of remarkable data technology, underpinned by a relentless and trusted service commitment, we help business critical systems transact and integrate at their very best. The company is headquartered in Silicon Valley and has offices worldwide.
We were first! The Actian DataCloud has been on the bleeding edge of dynamic, super-scaling cloud-based data management and integration tools since 2008. We run a sophisticated and highly-evolved hybrid infrastructure on AWS, and are currently looking for a Senior Architect – with 5 years of cloud experience to lead the next stage of our Actian DataCloud architecture team in Austin, TX.
Architect and build cutting-edge systems across the cloud, and collaborate with a team of highly experienced cloud engineers.
We are currently working on a next-gen iPaaS infrastructure to support our partners in deploying, managing, and monitoring massively scalable, real time and batch cloudstreams to quickly and effectively onboard new customers, vendors, and their data. In addition, we are adding in our leading analytics offerings to our cloud platform. Our partners and customers include some of the best-known players in the cloud application and platform space.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate a history of technology leadership, architectural ownership, and deep cloud experience within enterprise-class cloud offerings.
- Provide technology perspective on product direction – help us navigate the disruption occurring with digital business
- Take ownership of the overall DataCloud architecture, across the integration, data management and analytics offerings
- Take ownership of major architectural decisions
- What processing engines to use
- How to move our legacy technology forward
- Creating and maintain a lean, microservices-based overall architecture
- Mentor other members of the team and taking them to the next level in terms of skills and contributions
- Hands-on contributions to the following:
- Build fault-tolerant, scalable data intensive applications deployed in hybrid environments
- Solve complex data integration problems using distributed microservice architectures
- Design and clearly articulate new and revised architectures for underlying services
- Promote and maintain high standards in design patterns and reuse in our code base
- Technical leadership and thorough understanding of customer profiles and requirements
- Deep understanding of real time and batch data processing techniques
- Deep understanding of API construction and management techniques
- Deep understanding of cloud security, SOD and OWASP
- Deep understanding of design patterns, abstraction layers, and code quality
- Deep understanding of quality engineering and testing methodologies
- Deep understanding of continuous integration and delivery patterns
- At least 15 years experience creating scalable and reactive JVM applications
- At least 5 years experience working with Amazon Web Services
- Integration domain knowledge – has current knowledge of the broad integration space
- At least 5 years of C++ experience – proficient at reading/analyzing legacy code
- Understanding of parallelized computing