Bret's Autoworks has been serving Olathe and the surrounding communities for 28 years. We are a family owned and operated business. We are one of Kansas City's most respected repair shops, we truly care about the well-being of our customers, our employees and their families.
We take pride in having clean, up- to-date facilities. We are located on Santa Fe in Olathe and are open Monday - Friday from 7:30am - 6:00pm. Our facility includes 2 buildings and 12 service bays with lifts, we service most makes and models. Our customers are a priority and we strive to be very customer service oriented. We believe in fixing things right the first time for our customers and standing behind the work we do. We promote a workplace of integrity and respect. We care about our customers and it shows!
Are you disgusted with not having the right equipment, parts, or information to do your job?
Have you had it with not being appreciated for your outstanding efforts?
Are you sick of being undervalued by your employer?
Are you tired of working weekends and evenings and no time for your family?
Are you ready for a change?
If you answered ‘yes’ to any of these questions, Bret’s Autoworks wants to meet you! We’re currently looking for an A-level tech for our Olathe location.
We are a busy NAPA AutoCare Center, AAA Approved, privately owned and operated shop. For the last 30 years, our goal has been to provide our customers with a complete solution to their automotive needs by offering professional service, reasonable pricing, and continued support for the life of their vehicles.
Our facility has 12 service bays with lifts. We have plenty of parking and a very nice, clean, smoke and drug-free facility. We have 2 Alignment machines. Diagnostic equipment includes Tech2, IDS, wiTech, Autel, VW VCDS, J-2534 programming equipment, smoke machine, TPMS tool, and MANY Factory Specialty tools. We subscribe to Alldata, iATN, and Identifix. Each technician has a dedicated computer workstation. We pay for Health Insurance, uniforms, training, 6 Holidays annually. We have disability and life insurance available. Section 125 Cafeteria plan and have direct deposit.
We have what a technician needs to be successful and we’re looking for the right person to round out our team. The ideal candidate would be hard-working, self-motivated, obsessed with fixing it right the first time, detail-oriented, and be a team player.
• Performs vehicle repairs efficiently on customer vehicles as assigned by the Service Advisor
• Keeps the goals of the shop in mind when dealing with customers and coworkers
• Performs repairs demonstrating a commitment to quality to minimize comebacks
• Willingness and ability to be mentored by more experienced technicians
• Ability to work well with others in a team environment
• Ability to consistently deliver superior customer service
• Self starter with the ability to maximize personal productivity
• Exhibit a “whatever it takes” attitude toward assignments
• Figure labor times on repairs with supervisor in a flexible manner
• Keeps work area neat and presentable to customers and outsiders at all times
• Performs maintenance duties such as emptying oil drain buckets, cleaning brake lathe, servicing and maintaining parts washer, restocking inventory item and running for parts when needed
• Works as scheduled without excessive absenteeism or tardiness
• Maintains good morale and a positive attitude
• Maintains appearance in a neat and orderly fashion wearing the approved uniforms/apparel
High school diploma or equivalent and High School course work in Auto Repair Technology
• Ability to do basic repairs i.e. brakes, tune-ups, shocks/struts, oil changes, battery/alternator tests
• ASE Certification or the willingness to acquire the certification within 6 months
• Ability to look up repair information via websites i.e. Alldata, Identifix, IATN, etc.
• Must have own tools
• Must have valid driver's license with good driving record
• Ability to diagnose and repair drivability concerns on most vehicles foreign and domestic
• Honest Work Ethic
• Knowledge of Diesel Vehicles is a big plus